Posted on: Tuesday 27 October 2015

Afternoon tea at Sketch London for our 5th anniversary!








Sketch is one of those places I've always dreamed of going to... Anyway, it was mine and Joe's fifth anniversary, and we wanted to go somewhere extra special, so I hinted afternoon tea at Sketch, Mayfair. I'd been hinting to go there for about a year... not even joking!

From the skip hop and jump entrance to the space-egged toilets, everything about this place is cool. Really cool.

Me and Joe indulged in our afternoon tea in the Gallery. And, I have to say the food was outstanding! Every little treat was delicious, especially the warm scones and the pistachio puff ball things. Also, you could chose a variety of tea's or champagne with an additional cost. I went for the whole Rose Buds tea which was lovely.

The interior is also beautiful with pink velvet cushioned seats, copper details and David Shrigley's art across all four walls, you feel a bit like you're in a fancy sweet store.
The gallery also leads on to these crazy toilets, which looked like a cross between something from space and a boiled egg. Me and Joe had too much fun in here!

We both really enjoyed every bit of it, it is definitely one of the best afternoon tea's I've ever had. It's honestly such a bizarre, quirky little place and I highly recommend eating there if you're in the London area. 

| Shirt - H&M | Jeans - TOPSHOP | Heels - TOPSHOP | Bag - Warehouse |







After Sketch, we did a little bit of shopping whilst we were super close to Oxford Circus, and then we headed to some quirky cocktail bars.

The first one we went to was 'The Cocktail Trading Club' which is a little bar hidden away in a basement. They had really amazing interesting cocktails - one of them came in a snow globe and had coconut sprinkles that had the illusion of being snow!

The other bar we went to was called 'The Blind Pig', this has to be my new favourite bar in London. The bar snacks are incredible and the drinks are so unusual! The first cocktail I had was a percy pig infused vodka with a little David Cameron reference. I took a photo of it on my Instagram so head over to there if you're interested.
Joe's cocktail was called the 'Slap and Pickle' which had baby pickles on the side, cute. And, the other cocktail I had was a whiskey mix with popcorn on the side. Absolutely loved it here and would love to go back again sometime soon.






Overall, we had an amazing day out celebrating five years together, Sketch was all I could of dreamt of and more (cheese) and the cocktail bars are new favourites of mine!

 If you're interested in coming along with us on our anniversary, watch my little vlog below. Enjoy :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment