Posted on: Sunday 4 June 2017

My Holy Grail Foundation: Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation


I’ve been meaning to do this review for as long as I can remember but now is the time to talk about the beautiful Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation, my holy grail!

If you’ve been following me for a while… who’d thought I’ve ever part away from my beloved Estee Lauder Double Wear eh… I still love it, but I was on the look out for something a bit more natural, lightweight and with no SPF in.

I first discovered Luminous Silk when I was browsing for a last minute foundation for my wedding at the end of October last year. I popped into Selfridges and the make-up artist applied it to my skin. The colour match was perfect (number 2), which is quite hard for me to come by, as I’m that really awkward pale skin tone that isn’t ivory pale, but in between the levels of pink-toned paleness. I’ve been told my skin tone is ‘Alabaster’ but it’s incredibly hard to find a foundation that matches my skin. Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised with the colour match, coverage and finish. It looked very natural, dewy and looked amazing on. It also felt so weightless, like I had nothing on.

I did indeed wear it on my wedding day and I haven’t stopped wearing it since! I honestly wear it everyday without fail.

(Apologies for the bad quality photo, but this was me on my wedding day at about 7pm, the foundation still looks amazing and glowy and I didn't touch it up or anything!) 

It’s pretty pricey at £40.00 a pop, but so so worth it! It really does give your skin that beautiful natural glow. And, mine is still going strong 7 months later with loads still left in it. So when you think about how long it lasts, the price isn't too bad... that's my excuse anyway.

So, if you’re in the market for a new weightless natural foundation, I’d highly recommend trying this one. As it’s pretty expensive, I’d recommend stopping by a counter and trying them out before you buy.


As always you can follow me @zoeyoliviablog to see what I get up to daily. You can also reach me on twitter: @zoeyoliviablog. Or, if you like Bloglovin', I'm kind of new to it but follow me on there. I also have Pinterest, I'm often procrastinating and pinning my life away... So do get in touch :).

No comments:

Post a Comment