Posted on: Saturday 30 January 2016

NEW Charlotte Tilbury Lipsticks Kiss Chase & Between The Sheets Review


Charlotte Tilbury has just launched her two new and exclusive lipsticks just in time for Valentine's day! One of the lipsticks is new to the Matte Revolution range, named 'Between The Sheets', and the other is now apart of the K.I.S.S.I.N.G range titled 'Kiss Chase'.

Charlotte held a competition on Instagram, Facebook and on her main website a little while back, asking everyone to name her new lipstick shade, which I thought was really cool and lovely to get her audience involved. I had a few ideas and did comment on Instagram but I can't actually remember what I wrote (bad memory alert!) But, I'm really liking the shade names that were selected, especially 'Between The Sheets'!





Anyway, I bought the 'Date Night Duo' set which works out cheaper than if you were to buy them separately. And I got two free samples with my purchase which is always a bonus! I got a sample of the Magic Foundation in the shade 2, fair and Light Wonder Foundation in the shade 2, fair as well.

Back to the lippys... I bloody love them! I love all of her lipsticks to be honest, especially 'Bitch Perfect' it's one of my all time favourites, you can read about that lipstick here if you're interested.



Ok, so starting with her Matte Revolution: Between The Sheets lipstick. This is a matte formula in a 'dreamy vintage rose petal' shade.
On the website, this does look more of a vibrant pink than it is in real life. It's a lot more subtle and more of a toned down nudey-pink. It is the your lips but better shade!

I really do love Charlotte's  matte formulas, they are creamy and the longevity is fab, I would say they last around 4-5 hours before needing to re-apply.
The formula is also enriched with 'Lipstick Tree extract' which protects the lips and is a natural oxidant, and also has Orchid Extract which soothes and hydrates for a soft, build-able cashmere finish.

And for packaging, it comes in Charlotte's classic beautiful rose-gold casing which I absolutely adore. Packaging makes such a difference in my humble opinion!


Moving on to the second shade, 'Kiss Chase', new to the K.I.S.S.I.N.G range! The name is a reminder of that game we all used to play when we were young.

Likewise, to the other shade, this is shown as more of a vibrant berry on her website and is a lot more toned down in real life. 
Charlotte describes this shade as a 'tawny berry hue' which I agree with. And is curated to suit any skin-tone.

This formula is also enriched with Charlotte's secret 'tree extract' which is an anti-oxidant that naturally protects lips from UV damage and external pollution leaving your lips cashmere soft and adds moisture to the lips.

This shade is gorgeous, I think I prefer this out of the two! And the formula is super nourishing!
The longevity is pretty good as well, I applied this around 8:00am and it lasted till around 12:00pm where it just needed a little touch-up.

Also, it reminds me of MAC's Plumful a little bit - which also suits near enough every skin-tone. So if you are looking for a cheaper alternative, I would highly recommend Plumful. And, if you're interested, I have a blog post about it as well, click here.


I'm wanting to try more and more of Charlotte's range and with my wedding coming up, it's an excuse to buy and experiment with more make-up! I've got my eye on the Film Star Bronze and Glow, the eye palettes and the foundations! So much to choose from!!

Let me know what you think of Charlotte Tilbury's new shades in the comments below! And, what you would like me to review next. As always you can always tweet me, @zoeyoliviablog, watch my vlogs, or follow me on Instagram, @zoeyoliviablog.

Love, Zoey

4 comments: