Posted on: Sunday 5 April 2015

Childhood Memories | Baking Easter Egg Nest Cakes



Happy Easter everyone!

Today I wanted to share my easter egg nest cakes with you. Baking these reminded me of my childhood when I was part of my local 'Brownies' club. I was super cool obviously.
Anyway, during one of our classes we got to make these tasty crunchy treats to take home with us. After completing, I got a badge to sew on my uniform stating that I can cook or something like that!

It's a really fun easy bake to do. And, I just couldn't stop smiling whilst making them.

All you need is 100g of cornflakes, 100g of chocolate (a bar of your choice), 50g of butter, 2 tsp of golden syrup and a packet of mini eggs. Melt the chocolate, butter and golden syrup in a bowl resting on top of a pan with hot water (make sure the water doesn't touch the bowl). Once done, cool for a few minutes and then pour the chocolate onto the cornflakes. Mix together until the cornflakes are evenly coated in chocolate. Then grab a spoon and divide the chocolatey cornflakes into cupcake cases. Put three mini eggs in the centre each nest and cool in the fridge for a few hours.
 
And wallah, there you have your easter egg nest cakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment