Posted on: Tuesday 29 December 2015

Celebrating 2015!


Every year I write about my plans for 'new years resolutions' and how my year was overall. And, I came across a post on Olivia's blog and was inspired to write something very similar.

The idea of this blog is that instead of writing unrealistic 'things' we should be doing, why don't we write a list of things WE DID? Make ourselves feel GOOD about the big and small stuff that we achieved throughout the year?

It's always nice to sit down and take a moment to reflect on the year you've had. Whether you've had some ups and downs, things happen and you overcome them.

So, here is my anti-bucket list of 2015! These aren't huge momentous moments, but here are some of the things I've achieved and particular events I've thoroughly enjoyed this year.

So here we go... My year in a list!

  • I got a new job in my desired field back in late April... I am now a Digital Graphic Designer and I'm loving every minute of it. I have a lot of freedom with my job, designing social media content for six beauty brands and designing weekly email campaigns. I also have an amazing team and that counts a lot!

  • I travelled to San Francisco, Nuremberg, Berlin and Turkey! All amazing memorable holidays that I will forever cherish. And, I hope 2016 gives me more opportunities to travel.

  • I got engaged to my best friend, Joe! He proposed to me on my birthday in Turkey on the 31st October 2015.

  • My best friend, Nicol got married and I was a bridesmaid for the first time. I am so incredibly happy for her and everything she has achieved. She is a little star and I couldn't be more lucky to have such a special human being in my life.

  • I had an operation earlier on in the year for my Endometriosis, and I fought through it! It was a tough start to the year, but I feel good about pushing myself to get better and having the operation. A little note to myself - No matter how busy you are, health is important and you need to look after yourself from time to time.

  • My sister had a baby! We have the first boy in our family, little Connor.

  • Kept in touch and continued to hang out with some of my oldest and best school friends. I was re-united with Tanya who I've known since I was little and it literally felt like yesterday when we saw each other.

  • My YouTube channel is continually growing! I love creating content and being able to share my interests, what I bought recently and look books with you all.

  • Me and Joe celebrated five years of being together at the end of September. We went to Sketch and some really cool cocktail bars. This was one of my favourite days of the year. Absolutely perfect.

  • I saw the Foo Fighters and they were incredible! I enjoyed their two-hour set with some of my closest friends from my home-town. It was a lovely evening and definitely a highlight of this year!

  • I spent Christmas in Corby with Joe's family for the first time, and saw my family on Boxing day. Honestly, one of the funniest and best Christmas' I've had in a long time (...as I'm usually working!)

I think it's so important to look back and reflect on the awesome times you've had, instead of writing a list of 'things to tick off' and setting unrealistic goals for yourself (sometimes). It felt so much better to say, 'this is what I've ticked off in 2015!'

Moving forward, 2016 will be a super exciting year for me... Me and Joe are potentially going to get married at the end of next year. And, I will continue doing the 'things' that make me happy. Here's to 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment