Posted on: Thursday 24 December 2015

L’Oreal Paris Perfect Pink Lipsticks & Lipgloss for Fair Skin | Review & Swatches



Last year I wrote a review on L'oreal's Pure Reds exclusive collection and I was really impressed with the quality and colour choices, you can read about those lipsticks here

Similarly this October, L'oreal launched their 'Color Riche Collection in Exclusive Pinks'. In the UK, they have custom made four pink lipsticks for Namoi, Helen, Eva and Blake, who are all brand ambassadors for L'oreal.

The idea of these lipsticks is to suit certain skin-tones and hair colours. For this collection, they have used pure pink pearls mixed with velvet pigments to create perfectly sheer powdery velvet matte finishes.

I decided to only get one from the exclusive pink's collection. I chose Naomi's pink in the shade delicate rose.
I also picked up one from the Nude's Collection, and one of the Extraordinaire Colour Riche Lipgloss's. These are the perfect drugstore lippy's for fair skin tones and the red headed ladies out there.


(Swatches From bottom to top: Julianne's Nude Lipstick, Naomi's Pink Velvet Matte and Extraordinaire Colour Riche Lipgloss's in the shade Rose Melody)

(Lip Swatch: Naomi's Pink Velvet Matte Lipstick)

I've only really got into nudes and pink shades in the past year or so, and I've struggled finding the perfect nudey-pink for my skin-tone. So, I was really keen on trying to find the perfect drugstore version for me. And, I think I may have found three: one matte, one creamy and one lipgloss!

I'll start with Namoi's pink lippy. This is a velvet matte lipstick, a mauve 'tea' pink shade designed especially for fair skin tones. I really do love this, it is a super flattening tone for us pale ladies.

It glides on smoothly and isn't drying like some matte lipsticks. However, I would suggest using a lip scrub and lip balm before applying as it isn't a moisturising creamy formula.

The packaging is exactly the same as the 'Exclusive Reds', a chic matte black casing with gold detailing which is classic and rather pretty.

And, this retails at £6.99 in drugstores such as Boots and Superdrug.


(Lip Swatch: L'oreal's Julianne Nude Lipstick - Barely Peach)

They also have an exclusive 'Nudes collection' which is also tailor made for a variety of skin tones.

I thought I'd give Julianne's nude a go. This lipstick is titled 'Barely Peach' and has been custom made for Julianne Moore who has fair skin and ginger locks.
Julianne's barely peach is a delicate peachy-pink which claims to enhance the radiance of pale complexions and endows them with elegance and sophistication.

I love this! It's super moisturising on the lips and it's the perfect shade for my skin type and hair colour. The pigmentation is quite sheer, however is build-able. This retails at £6.99 in Boots.


(Lip Swatch: L'oreal's Extraordinaire Colour Riche Liquid Lipstick in the shade 101, Rose Melody)

And, last but not least... The perfect drugstore pink lipgloss for fair skin!

I picked up a Extraordinaire Colour Riche Liquid Lipstick in the shade 101, Rose Melody. Which retails at £8.99 at Boots.
It claims to be a liquid lipstick, however, I do still think it's more of a lipgloss as the liquid lipsticks I've tried tend to go matte.

Also, with drugstore lipgloss' they tend to be quite tacky and sticky, however this one is not at all! The longevity is amazing too, it lasts for around 4-5 hours every time I wear it!

This lipgloss is super pigmented, has a beautiful shine and is super moisturising on the lips. I also really enjoy using the brush, it's the perfect size for application.

I think this is one of the best lipgloss' I've ever tried, it's up there with my favourite NARS lipgloss in the shade Dolce Vita. And, I 100% think it is worth the money for a drugstore lipgloss!



Are these must haves? If you love nude-pink lipsticks and lipgloss's then hells yes! Or if you have fair skin then definitely! If you have a darker skin tone, then I would highly recommend you checking out the darker shades from these collections.

Let me know if you end up picking up one of these beautiful lippys in the comments below or tweet me @zoeyhardwick

No comments:

Post a Comment