Posted on: Sunday 13 December 2015

Glossybox December 2015 Edition | Review


First off, let me start by saying the packaging is absolutely beautiful. I'm a real sucker for anything rose gold and Glossybox have made the Christmas box edition so special.

This December, they have collaborated with blogger Really Ree. And, usually you get five products in your monthly boxes, but this time you get six which is a nice little bonus!

Ok, so here's what you get:

Starskin Calming Bio-Cellulose Second Skin Facial Mask in 'Behind the Scenes'
Hylamide Pore Delete Instant Surface Perfector
So Susan Highlighting Crayon in the shade 'Star Light'
Etre Belle Golden Skin Roll On - Eye Gel
Essence Liquid Lipstick in the shade 'Show off'
Collection Long Lasting Nail Effects Nail Polish in the shade 'Cosmetic Stars'



The item that I'm most excited about is the Starskin Calming Bio-Cellulose Second Skin Facial Mask in 'Behind the Scenes (worth £8.50) - super long name I know! You will usually find these in Sephora, which you can't get in the UK!

This is a sheet mask which claims to be intensely soothing, deeply purifying, pore refining, sebum balancing and prevents breakouts. Some of the main ingredients include coconut juice, sugar maple, vitamin B, C and chamomile.

I absolutely loved this, last night I evenly spread the serum from the packet onto my face and laid the sheet mask on top for twenty five minutes, whilst I relaxed in the bath catching up on YouTube videos.

It's super moisturising, calming and isn't one of those masks that will turn rock solid. It's the perfect face mask for winter that will calm any redness and hydrate your skin.
The only thing I will say, is that, having a sheet mask on your face isn't the most prettiest of things, you will look pretty scary! And, yes you will look like Mrs Doubtfire.

My skin felt really really great afterwards! I would 100% highly recommend this to anyone.
If I visit a country that has Sephora store soon, I will definitely pick up another one or two of these!


Up next is the Hylamide Pore Delete Instant Surface Perfector (worth £18). I've never heard of this brand before, and I am quite intrigued by this little bottle, which claims to visibly mattify, minimise pores and blur imperfections. This little bottle is to be used as the last skincare step, or alternatively you can use this after you've put on your foundation. Interesting - I'm excited to give this a go.

I then got four other items, which sadly I'm not that keen on. I got a full-size So Susan Highlighting Crayon in the shade 'Star Light' (worth £15). I'm not really a fan of pencilled highlighters, I much prefer a powdered highlighter, so I was a little bit disappointed to receive this.

I also got a Etre Belle Golden Skin Roll On - Eye Gel (worth £30.66) which claims to be a highly effective skin-firming rollerball which smoothes, relaxes and refreshes tired skin around the eyes. Again, I was a little disappointed to receive this in my box, but I will trial this one out as it may be quite good for the aftermath of Christmas and New Year's eve. And, wowzer the price of a full-size bottle of one of these!

Up next is a Essence Liquid Lipstick in the shade 'Show Off' (worth £2.50). I'm just not into bright pinks. I think if I received a red or a nude then I would of been super happy. And, well, I feel like 'pink' isn't really a festive colour, but, that's just my personal preference.

And last but not least is a Collection, Long Lasting Nail Effects nail polish in the shade '33 - Cosmetic Stars' (worth £2.99). I like the idea that they've included a sparkly nail polish for the party season, however, I'm sadly not keen on the colour. Perhaps if it was a sliver, gold or even rose gold sparkly polish then I would of been super happy!


Overall, I think it's a good box, however, I'm only really wowed by two of the items. I was most impressed with the StarSkin face-mask sheet - that's the real highlight for me. And, again I love the packaging design, it's beautiful.
Maybe the January edition will be full packed of great products. I'm feeling hopeful!

Also, if you're interested, I will be giving a few of these items away in a give-away sometime soon, so be sure to follow me on all my social media channels, and keep your eyes peeled!

No comments:

Post a Comment