Posted on: Saturday 17 October 2015

Autumnal MAC Lipsticks | Plumful and Captive Review


I slipped and fell into MAC again (*hides*)... I was at the airport in the duty free section and decided to treat myself to two more lipsticks from my never ending MAC wish-list. And, because it's Autumn, I wanted some more berry colours in my collection.

 (Plumful Lipstick Swatch)

Plumful. Finally, I got my hands on Plumful! I've been wanting this shade since forever and I absolutely love it. It's the perfect autumnal every-day shade that you can wear to work, out for dinner or even wear it to the gym... Wherever you like!

On the website, Plumful is described as a 'blossoming rose-plum', and is a Lustree finish which means it's quite sheer on the lips, however is build-able for a more intensified colour. 
The longevity of this lipstick is about three hours before you need to re-apply again. Which I expect with all Lustree finishes as they are super moisturising and have a tendency to fade quicker than matte's or satin finishes.   

  (Captive Lipstick Swatch)

Captive. I've not heard many bloggers talk about Captive but I swatched it in the airport and fell in love.  

Captive is a satin finish and is described as a 'pinkish-plum' on the website. It's stunning and I wore it every single day on my holiday! It's not too vampy or bright, it's the most beautiful autumnal lip colour that isn't too in your face. 

The lipstick formula is super creamy and glides onto the lips beautifully. The consistency does have the texture of a matte formula but it doesn't feel as drying on the lips. And, the longevity is amazing!! It lasts for about six hours before I needed to re-apply. 


What lipsticks have you been loving this autumn? Also, are there any other MAC lipsticks you would like me to review in the near future? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment