Posted on: Thursday 8 October 2015

New Lippies! MAC's Brave and Bare Again | Review




Not that I need any more MAC lipsticks... but, I feel like I don't have many nudes and neutral every-day kind of shades in my collection. It's all deep plums and reds and no 'your lips but better' colours.

I always find nude lipsticks a little daunting if I'm honest, I can rock any bright colour no problem but nudes have a tendency to wash me out and I end up looking like a corpse. But, it's safe to say that these two shades do not make me look dead!

I'm super happy that I brought these two, they are the perfect nudes and I highly recommended them for all the pale ginger haired girls out there.

Anyway, I did do a bit of research before buying these online, I was after the perfect everyday colour for pale skin and faux ginger hair, and MAC's Brave and Bare Again kept cropping up. So, I splurged and now here I am with a review.

 (MAC's Bare Again Swatch)

Bare Again. I'll begin with Bare Again which is my first ever sheen supreme lipstick from MAC! Bare Again is a gorgeous pinky neutral beige colour which I personally think would suit all skin tones, especially fair and medium.

These formula's are unlike the traditional MAC lipstick's, they are super creamy and moisturising on the lips, almost like a hybrid between a creamy lipstick and a lipgloss. They are a pleasure to put on as they glide on beautifully. As it is a creamy formula the staying power isn't out of this world, but I'd say Bare Again lasts around 2 hours before I need to re-apply.

Also, the pigmentation is quite sheer, however it is build-able so you can go from making this look semi sheer to completely opaque.

(MAC's Brave Swatch)

Brave. Up next we have Brave which is listed as a 'pink-beige with white pearl' on their website, and is a satin formula. I would actually describe Brave to be a medium-dark pink with a tinge of brown, which makes it fab for an every-day muted shade.

This formula can be a little drying as it is semi-matte, and can cling to dry patches on the lips, so I would recommend using a lip scrub or lip balm beforehand. Having said that, what I'm most impressed with is the lasting power of this lipstick, it's bloody great! I'd say it lasts for around 4 hours if I don't drink/eat anything, sometimes will last even longer!

Overall I'm super chuffed with my new neutral, every day, 'my lips but better' shades. However, I do want to expand my collection and  get some more neutral pinky tones. If you could recommend any, leave them in the comments below as I would love to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment