Posted on: Monday 31 October 2016

27 things I learnt for my 27th birthday



I thought I would do something a little different on my blog today. I'm celebrating 27 years of life and I thought I would share some life changing lessons I learnt along the way.

1) Your health is important. Take care of yourself.

2) Happiness is everything.

3) Work smart and enjoy yourself.

4) You are not responsible for everyone else.

5) Say 'no' more.

6) Don't be afraid to speak your mind. And stand up for what you believe in!

7) When you're planning a wedding, you realise who is truly important.

8) Money isn't everything but it does make the world go round sadly.

9) You've only got one life, live it.

10) Travel as much as you can. Experience different cultures.

11) Exercise is key for your inner strength and ideas. You'd be amazed how many ideas come to me when I'm running.

12) Do what you love.

13) You are the only person who can change and improve yourself.

14) Read more.

15) It's the little things in life. A cup of tea, a smile at a stranger if they look upset, being nice to everyone you meet, and fish and chips. The simple things that bring so much joy. 

16) See family and friends more.

17) It's ok to not be ok.

18) Be nice to everyone you meet, we've all got shit to deal with. And, a friendly smile is something they just might need.

19) Don't be too hard on yourself.

20) If you don't like it, change it.

21) It's ok to be alone and have alone days.

22) Hate and jealously are wasted emotions. Throw any negativity out of your life and focus on the good.

23) Stop comparing yourself to others.

24) "I can't tell you the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." 

25) Honesty is the key to healthy relationships. And I guess is one of my strengths as a person. What can I say... I'm a Scorpio.

26) Stop putting other people before you, especially if they don't care about you.

27) Try not to worry, it'll work out in the end. It always does.

Ok, so there we have it! 27 life lessons. I hope you found this somewhat useful or interesting to read. If you've got any life lessons you'd like to share, please leave them in the comments below as I love reading your comments :).

Also, Joe made me read this blog post the other day, which I found really interesting and found myself nodding along to every thing he said. It's an article by Mark Manson on '3 Important Life Skills Nobody Ever Taught You' which is what inspired me to write this post in the first place.

As always, you can follow me on Instagram: @zoeyoliviablog or tweet me: @zoeyoliviablog. I'm forever responding and interacting on those platforms :).

No comments:

Post a Comment