Posted on: Wednesday 14 January 2015

Maybelline Color Tattoo 24HR Cream Gel Eyeshadows | Review & Swatches



(Left picture: On and On Bronze, Right picture: Permanent Taupe)



I've never really been into eye shadows or eye creams but recently I've wanted to experiment with my eyes a bit more. 

There has been a lot of hype about the Maybelline Color Tattoo 24HR Cream Gel Eyeshadows, so I wanted to see what all the fuss was about!


I popped into my local Boots, as they had a '3 for 2' deal on, and at £4.99 each they are a right bargain! I picked up On and On Bronze (#35), Eternal Gold (#05) and Permanent Taupe (#40).


On and On Bronze (#35) is a warm bronze slash copper shade with a bit of shimmer. It's gorgeous and looks really nice on the lids. Can be worn during the day or evening!

Eternal Gold (#05) is a metallic gold colour. Would look lovely in the inner corner of the eyes when combined with a brown or bronze smokey eye.

Permanent Taupe (#40) is a matte taupe with purple and brown undertones. Lovely as an everyday shade. Also lovely paired with On and On Bronze.


I've recently been wearing them in my Youtube video's and when I met up with my best friend from uni, Nicol, she asked me what I had on my eyelids... which were these shades. Anyway, she ended up popping into Boots to pick them up as well as convincing her to gett a few MAC lipsticks! I'm such a bad makeup influence on her, haha.


(From left to right: Permanent Taupe, On and On Bronze and Eternal Gold)

Now, let's get back to the product. These really are one of a kind. I've never come across a cream-gel type eyeshadow before but I'm really liking the formulation. Also, I'm pretty sure they might possibly well be a dupe for the MAC Paint Pots but correct me if I'm wrong there.


(Picture above: On and On Bronze on the lids)

Anyway, I like to apply these with my finger - I swirl my ring finger into the pot and apply on the lid! You don't need too much product as they are super pigmented and you can use a brush to smooth out the edges if you desire. Within a few seconds it dries completely and looks beautiful on the lids.


(Oh hi! Just me chilling...)


(And here are some pictures of me wearing permanent taupe - it looks a little washed out as I used an oil based eye-makeup remover beforehand and didn't let it dry!)

Now, let's talk about the lasting power... I wouldn't say they last 24 hours but they definitely last at least 6-8 hours before the colour starts to fade a little. I didn't use a primer so that's possibly why they didn't last as long? I'm not quite sure.



Right, so that's all I've got to say! I've still got my eyes on a few other shades from the collection, but I need to tone my spending habits down a bit. In summary, I honestly think they are well worth the money, at £4.99 a pop you can't really go wrong. The colour choices are lovely and they look stunning on the lids!

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg