Posted on: Friday 30 January 2015

January Blues | When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...



By the time you read this, I will be having my operation. So I have prepared a few posts in advance so my blog won't be lacking content for the next two weeks whilst I recover. 

Anyway, I have been wanting to create posts like these for a good while, where I take some photographs of my outfits for my blog, and then have a bit of a heart to heart of how my week's going.
I just really enjoy expressing myself through writing. And what better way than combing it with some outfit posts!

Anyway, let's get into it shall we...

January is one of the most depressing and draining months of the year. Christmas is over, we're recovering from a month of lavish eating, drinking and spending. And now it's time for the new year with a list of self-reflections and uncontrollable events, which can spiral into a little thing called January Blues.

We all go through bad patches, some more so than others. Sometimes everything all comes at once, it's out of our control and it's really hard to be positive during those times. 

You know that phrase "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade". When you see little quotes like these flying around on the internet, it makes you stop and think for a moment. My mind is screaming at me: 'Yes, yes YES! I'm going to turn these lemons into lemonade'. And refuse to let the January Blues get the best of me! And I'm going to do exactly that...

Yes, I'm dealing with a few lemons at the moment, my hours keep being cut at work and I'm having an operation on my womb. And whilst I could sit here and blabber on and say 'this is unfair', 'why is this happening to me' and 'I can't afford to pay my rent', instead I'm going to look on the bright side of all of this. I'm going to make lemonade. 


Shirt - Primark | Scarf - Primark | Leather Trousers - ZARA | Boots - Office | Bag - Fiorelli

Some may agree and say it's pretty shitty with what I'm dealing with at the moment, but in hind-sight, it could be worse
I'm actually really glad that I'm finally being taken seriously with a health problem that has caused me pain for years. And, with my hours being cut, I get to spend more time working on my blog and my Youtube stuff.

The only downside is that when next month rolls around, I'm not going to be able to afford my rent. And it's caused me a lot of stress and worry over the past two weeks, but Joe has been incredibly supportive.
I've never been so thankful to have such a wonderful human being in my life... because truthfully I most probably wouldn't of been able to take the time off work to have this operation, as I wouldn't of been able to afford to live.

If you have also been dealing with January Blues, or are dealing with uncontrollable upsetting events, then try and turn those pesky lemon's into lemonade. Whether that's trying something new, being creative in some way, focusing on a hobby, or even exercising to boost your mood. Do things that are going to make you feel happy and feel more positive.
And, just remember things will get better, these things take time... 

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg