Posted on: Monday 23 February 2015

Emma Hardie Amazing Face Age Support Eye Cream | Review





I was running low of my all time favourite Origins Ginzing eye cream and so I decided to make a risky purchase online. Instead of getting another tub of Origin's Ginzing, which is full of brightening and de-puffing miracles... I decided to try out the Emma Hardie - Amazing Face Age Support Eye Cream (longest name in the world!) It was on offer on FeelUnique when I purchased it, but has now gone back up to full-price. 

Now, I've heard good things about Emma Hardie's skincare through other beauty bloggers but I've never heard anyone talk about the eye cream that goes alongside the 'Amazing Face' collection. 

First off, the packaging is absolutely gorgeous! It comes in a weighted plastic tub with a lovely golden lid. Then inside is a rich, nourishing formula - it's very smooth and really nice to use. And, it sinks into the skin nicely.

There are lots of natural oils in this little tub, morgina seed extract, evening primrose and rose hip, which are in fact great ingredients for nourishing and adding moisture back in to the skin. It also has Vitamin E which helps protect the skin against toxins and pollution. Hyaluronic Acid is also an ingredient in this tub which helps soothe and plump the skin whilst giving the skin elasticity and firmness.

There is also something called 'Matrixyl 3000' in the formula (which I've never heard of), which has been 'claimed' to stimulate faster collagen production into the skin, which reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.

Now, I'm not much of a worrier of wrinkles and fine lines at the moment, I know that using an age support eye cream states otherwise... but, to be honest, I just like trying new products and the real reason I actually purchased this was because it 'improves circulation around the eye reducing puffiness and dark circles.' And that's my main concern when it comes to getting an eye cream. I have really bad dark circles and they do get a bit puffy from time to time...
And yes, it does help reduce the appearance of dark circles and puffiness but it's no miracle eye cream.

Also, one thing I really don't like about this eye cream, is the smell. I'm just not quite sure what it smells like. But it reminds me of earthy-cheap-like products. If you know what I mean? I think if it had a nicer smell, I would possibly enjoy using it more.

At the moment, it's early stages to say whether I'll re-purchase this. I think it's going to be one of those products that I have a love/hate relationship with. And, I do actually prefer the Origin's Ginzing one, as it's a bit cheaper than this and I think it is better for brightening, reducing dark circles and puffiness. But I will continue using this day and night to see if it does change my mind and maybe I'll notice more of a difference over time... 

No comments:

Post a Comment