Posted on: Sunday 13 September 2015

Real Techniques Bold Metals Collection | The Foundation Brush Review



Ever since the Pixiwoo sisters released their 'Bold Metals Collection', I immediately added them to my forever growing unnecessary wanting beauty wish list!

The price point has always put me off a little if I'm being completely honest. £22+ for one brush is pretty damn expensive if you ask me! Also, I think their classic brushes do an absolutely fine job and not to mention that they are half the price of these.
Anyway that being said, I caved and bought the 101 Triangle Foundation brush as I saw it on offer in Boots. It was £16.50, which is still quite pricey, but I wanted to give them a go.

The collection claims to be 'luxe brushes that offer high performance and infinite possibilities for every artist. Irresistibly soft, the bristles feature shed-resistant properties and advanced pick-up and release of make-up.' I 110% agree with the bristles being incredibly soft, and, it is a dream to apply foundation with as it glides beautifully onto the skin. However, you do really need to work it into the skin to achieve a flawless finish.

The brush itself has a flat edge which covers large areas of the face, as well as angled edges that allow you to contour around the eyes and nose too. What I really love about this brush is the design, being a metal makes it feel very luxurious to hold.

Overall I think it is a good foundation brush, but it's not the best I've tried. In all honesty, I prefer a buffing brush rather than a triangle head to apply my base.
Despite this, I still want to pick up the rose-gold brushes and also give the gold powder brush a go.

Have you tried any of the RT Bold Metals Collection brushes, what are your thoughts on them?

No comments:

Post a Comment