Posted on: Saturday 31 December 2016

Best of 2016 | Beauty and Lifestyle Favourites of 2016


The time has come to shout about my all time favourite products and new discoveries of the year. So many great new things to share with you all.

I'm not planning on doing a video on my 'Best of...' this year. I don't think I created one last year either, but I definitely did do one the year before. Anyway, instead, I'm going to write about my favourite discoveries of this year. A mixture of beauty and lifestyle goodness.

I won't be going in to too much detail, apart from raving about my all time favourite product of this year. So without further a do... here is my bullet-pointed list of faves.

Beauty:
Best Foundation: Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation
Best Concealer: NARS Creamy Concealer (favourite since 2014)
Best Powder: Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder
Best Blusher: Hourglass Blusher in the shade Dim Infusion (review here)
Best Highlighter: The Balm, Mary Lou Luminizer Manizer (favourite since 2014)
Best Eyeshadow Palette: NARS Virtual Domination Palette (favourite since 2014)
Best Eyeliner: Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner
Best Mascara: Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara (review here)
Best Lip Liner: Charlotte Tilbry in the shade Pillow Talk
Best Nude Lipsticks: Charlotte Tilbury in the shades Bitch Perfect (review here) and Stoned Rose (review here)
Best Red Lipstick: Charlotte Tilbury in the shade Red Carpet Red (review here)
Best Lipgloss: Chanel Gloss Volume Plumping Lipgloss
Best Lip Balm: Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Lip Repair Lip Balm
Best Lip Scrub: Lush's Mint Julips
Best Setting Spray: Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray
Best Make-up Brushes: Real Techniques (an old favourite)
Best Cleanser: Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish (an old favourite and re-discovery)
Best Toner: Environ C-Quence Toner
Best Moisturiser: Environ AVST Moisturiser (currently on level 4)
Best Facemasks: Environ Revival Masque and Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Treatment Mask
Best Beauty Tools: Liz Earle Muslin Cloths and Environ Cosmetic Roll-CIT
Best Perfume: Jo Malone, Wood Sage and Sea Salt

Best Product of 2016: Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Liquid Foundation

I actually discovered this one fairly recently, I'd say since October time. I was in search for a new light weight foundation for my wedding and a friend had recommended this one.
I haven't stopped wearing it since. It provides the most beautiful light coverage, however, is build-able. It makes your skin super glowy and radiant, and I just love it so much.

I'm planning on doing a full review of this little baby in the new year. But I just wanted to share how much I love and rave this foundation. It's one of the best, on par with my other favourite Estee Lauder Double Wear.

(above: Best Nude Lipstick of 2016: Charlotte Tilbury K.I.S.S.I.N.G Fallen From the Lipstick Tree in the shade 'Stoned Rose')

Lifestyle:
Favourite country visited: Burano - Venice (read about it here)
Favourite local discovery: Hitchin' Lavender Farm (review here)
Favourite TV series: SUITS, Homeland, Originals, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (too many to mention...)
Favourite Documentaries: Making a Murderer, Minimalism: A documentary about the important things, Louis Theroux - Drinking to Oblivion, 'Happy'
Favourite Albums: Beyonce - LEMONADE, Drake -Views, Bring Me the Horizon - That's the Spirit
Favourite Books: Estee Lalonde's Bloom, Sarah Knight, The Life Changing Magic of Not Giving a Fuck, and my Hygge books
Favourite Films released in 2016: Deadpool and Captain America: Civil War
Favourite Films discovered this year: The Big Short, Inside Out and Gone Girl
Favourite Restaurants in London: Bob Bob Ricard and Honest Burgers (review here)
Favourite Afternoon Tea in London: Sketch (review here)
Favourite place for Brunch: Thomas' (review here)
Favourite Cocktail Bar in London: The Bling Pig (an old favourite)
Favourite local coffee shops: Fred & Ginger and Harris and Hoole
Favourite London coffee shops: Soho Grind and Monmouth Coffee
Favourite life-changing product: Advanced Nutrition Programme's Skin Omegas+
Best Moment of 2016: Zoey and Joey wedding of course! (watch our wedding video here!)

So that's all my favourites of the year! What is your holy grail product of 2017? Or what has been your favourite thing in 2017, this could be a location, tv series, restaurant and so on? Let me know in the comments below as I'm always intrigued to see, do and try new things!

Anyway, hope everyone has an awesome New Years' Eve! 2017 is going to be a cracking year :)! Enjoy!

Want to see what I'm up to daily? Connect with me: Instagram: @zoeyoliviablog, Twitter: @zoeyoliviablog.

No comments:

Post a Comment