Posted on: Saturday 10 December 2016

Let it go... A reflection on this year!


For me, this year has been mentally challenging as well as being physically exhausting. I don't like to start my blog posts off in a negative light, but I have come to the realisation of a lot of things that have happened to me this year.
However, having said all that, I will continue to smile, be compassionate to the world, and most importantly work hard to achieve my goals in life, because let's face it, if there's one thing that I know about myself... it's that I'm one truly passionate individual who can put my mind to anything, even when I'm not feeling 100% myself.

Anyway, I had one of those 'let it go' moments fairly recently (literally, came home singing 'Let it go' at the top of my lungs) and it was deeply satisfying. And, quite frankly, I've never felt freer (is that even a word) or happier.

"It's time to see what I can do,
To test the limits and break through,
No right, no wrong, no rules for me I'm free!

Let it go, let it go, 
I am one with the wind and sky, 
Let it go, let it go, 
You'll never see me cry!"

Sometimes the simple, yet most beautiful things in life are right in front of you. The crisp golden leaves, the cold fresh air, cups of tea, strangers walking their pets, old couples holding hands, friends laughing so hard at the stupid silly stuff and the warmth of a fireplace. I could go on and on and on, but you'd probably tell me to shut up.

I'm not quite sure what direction I want to take this blog post. But, I guess I was just inspired to write. Writing makes me happy you see. Oh so very happy. I'm so excited to go home from work and explode my thoughts, my passions, my ideas and to share it all with you on my little blog bubble (That's not to say, I don't enjoy or love my job, because I fucking do, pardon my french).

So, if you ever feel like you're a bit stuck, feeling really challenged, or you feel like life really isn't your friend anymore. Let it go. Let it gooooo. Don't hold back anymore. Be yourself, be who you're meant to be. And most importantly breathe and enjoy your life. Live it to the full because you only have one!


Hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend! Psst... you can follow me on Instagram: @zoeyoliviablog or tweet me: @zoeyoliviablog. I'm forever responding and interacting on those platforms :).

No comments:

Post a Comment