Posted on: Thursday 2 February 2017

Wedding Planning #4 | Choosing your wedding lipstick!


If you're planning on doing your own make-up on your big day or if you're in search of the perfect everyday lipstick, then this may be somewhat helpful to you. Or if you're interested to see what combination I wore on my big day and liked it then perfect!

Choosing my wedding lipstick was a real struggle. Lipstick's are my guilty pleasure and I had six options to begin with. It was a toss between Charlotte Tilbury's Bitch Perfect or Stoned Rose, Mac's Brave, Cosmo, Fanfare or Bare Again (which sadly they've now discontinued... why MAC, why!!).

Four weeks before my big day, I was settled on going for Charlotte Tilbury's Stoned Rose, and then I went shopping the week before my wedding, stumbled across my local Chanel counter and decided to look at some more lipsticks.

I spoke to a lovely lady named Chloe and explained that I was getting married in a week's time and that I'm unsure if I have found 'the one' in terms of lipstick talk. I said I was after something subtle, very natural and something that would work well with my hair colour and fair skin. I also wanted it to be a little glossy as I think gloss tends to suit me better.
She came back to me with a couple of options, and I settled for 'Rouge Coco 402, Adrienne' paired with '171 Levres Scintillantes Glossimer'.



These two paired together create the most beautiful natural lip. And they will always have a special place in my heart. Adrienne is the most gorgeous nude with a bit of shimmer. It has specks of glitter in the formula, but don't let that put you off as it gives your lips dimension! The formula is ulta hydrating and easy to apply. I did re-apply this a few times during my wedding but that didn't bother me so much as it was simply beautiful to wear.

The lipgloss really wowed me too. I never thought I'd spend so much money on a simple lipgloss, but it gives your lips a gorgeous plumping effect. They appeared fuller and almost seemed like you had a lip job (lol). This also has specks of glitter in, but again it gives that dimension to your lips.

As for lip liner underneath, I wore Charlotte Tibury's infamous 'Pillow Talk Lip Cheat Lip Liner' - the only lip liner I wear these days. As a trio they worked really beautifully together.


So, moving swiftly on, if you're in search for your perfect wedding lipstick, I would say go to a huge department store like John Lewis or House of Fraser and browse around. Explain that you're getting married, and 9 times out of 10 everyone is so helpful and so excited to help you as it's a huge huge deal.

I looked at what Laura Mericer, Charlotte Tilbury, MAC, Chanel and Estee Lauder had to offer. Looked like a crazy lady with about 35 swatches on my arm as I walked around but it was worth it as I wanted to be sure.

When you think you may have found the one, you always find another, so don't buy it straight away unless you're one hundred and ten hundred percent sure. You're kind of treating your wedding lipstick like your bridal gown, so it's ok to be fussy and trial it a few times before you buy.
The mistake I made was I brought far too many, but I do love every single one of them and I do wear them all!

A wedding lipstick needs to compliment your blusher, your skin-tone, your eye colour, your hair colour, so bare this in mind. If you've chosen the rest of your wedding day make-up, I would say look for your lipstick last. If you've got fair skin or ginger hair than great, these three products will work for you if you're after that every day natural lip.
It would also look lovely on medium skin tones.

A wedding lipstick is always going to have a special place in your heart, so make sure it's perfect.

Chanel's Rouge Coco number 402 has so many wonderful memories attached to it and I keep it in a safe place. And funnily enough, I only own two Chanel lipsticks in my collection, so it means this one is extra special to me.


Anyway, good luck finding your dream wedding lipstick! It's such a fun task and something I really enjoyed doing to take my mind off the other mundane tasks. Enjoy the process and remember it's ok to be fussy, it's your wedding day after all!

Also, if you're interested in seeing photo's from my wedding I have uploaded a few up on my Instagram: @zoeyoliviablog. And if you're interested in reading more about my wedding experiences, I blogged about mine and Joe's initial ideas here. As well as my initial hair and make-up ideas here. And last but not least, the stressful period with eight weeks to go, you can read about that one here.

As always you can reach me on social media. I have Instagram: @zoeyoliviablog, and twitter: @zoeyoliviablog. Have a fabulous week all.

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg