Posted on: Saturday 7 January 2017

Birthday Treat at Bob Bob Ricard



Bob Bob Ricard is one of those dream-boat restaurants that I've had my eye on for a while. I had practically been begging Joe to take me here for either our anniversary or my birthday for years, no joke. And he finally took me for my birthday!

The restaurant is located near Regents Street and Carnaby Street way, situated on Upper James Street. It has the most gorgeous art deco inspired design work and the interiors are to die for! It's very 1920's, great gatsby styled, so if you like that era then you'll love Bob Bob Ricard.

Inside is filled with gorgeous brass gold beams and beautiful velvet curtained tables.  I especially love the little details like the 'Press for Champagne' button. Also the room smelt like 'baies', from Diptique, my favourite candle scent.

Anyway, when we entered we were greeted with a smile and lead out towards our table. The waiter was super efficient and friendly. And, I loved their outfits, so cute and stylish.




We indulged and treated ourselves to the famous Beef Wellington for two (most expensive thing on the menu, oops), truffle mash and roasted vegetables. As well as of course a few glasses of pink champagne and cocktails.
We even had room for dessert... I had the most amazing chocolate bombe and Joe had a trio of desserts. Divine.

When we received our bill at the end, it was pretty darn shocking, but it was a special occasion and was a one off treat (... although I'd like to come back and try some other desserts). It was one hundred and ten percent value for money. Everything that we had was absolutely incredible and I'll always remember our time here as it was a week before our wedding too.



   
If you are planning on dining here, I'd always recommend booking in advance. And please do ensure you are wearing smart clothing. Joe is normally a t-shirt and trainers kind of guy, so it was also an excuse to see Joe looking dapper in a shirt and his brown DM's, he looked really lovely.

Overall, we had a fabulous experience from start to finish. Everything was beautifully designed and amazing, incredible outstanding food and service. Definitely worth visiting if you're in the London area and fancy something a bit special to eat. The beef wellington was truly out of this world, as well as everything else. Perfection really.








Anyway, moving swiftly on... below is a snap of me being an excitable loon on my birthday as Charlotte Tilbury's marketing team got in touch with me on Instagram and asked to use some of my photo's for marketing use on their website and social media. The excitement was real. It was honestly one of the best day's I've had in a long time. And, I adore Charlotte Tilbury and her marketing team, they are so inspirational and everything they do is incredible. So for them to contact me was a huge huge huge honour!

Hope everyone has the best weekend! Must beat these January Blues and not let being ill get me down! As always you can reach me on social media, Instagram: @zoeyoliviablog and Twitter: @zoeyoliviablog


No comments:

Post a Comment