Posted on: Monday 23 January 2017

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser Pink Pepper & Mint Limited Edition REVIEW


Today I'm reviewing an old favourite cleanser of mine. The cult, award winning Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser. This one is a limited edition version, 'Pink Pepper & Mint'.

If you haven't heard of the infamous 'Liz Earle hot cloth cleanser', it's a gorgeous silky smooth formula enriched with cocoa butter, rosemary, chamomile and eucalyptus to moisturise, sooth and purify the skin. Sometimes they bring out limited edition formulas, such as the Pink Pepper & Mint Christmas edition.

The packaging is designed so that you can pump the correct amount of product to cleanse with - genius if you ask me. As well as this, it comes with muslin cloths to lift away dead skin cells leaving your skin super soft. The idea behind the 'hot cloth cleanser' is that anyone, no matter what age or skin type can use this. As well as being a super easy way of removing make-up and cleansing at the same time.

Using this takes me back to the days when I first started taking my skincare 'seriously'... Back in 2011, I used to use this religiously.
Ahh, the days when I would enjoy cleansing my face morning and night with the gorgeous Liz Earle scent and rubbing this creamy formula onto my face. And then swiping away every bit of make-up with a steaming hot muslin cloth, so so divine. And so unbelievably satisfying! If you've tried this before, you'll know what I mean.

Anyway, I was in desperate need of a new cleanser over the Christmas period, so I popped into John Lewis and I saw this on offer for £15.50 (the same price as the 100ml). I was curious to try it again and the 'Pink Pepper and Mint' edition sounded fancy so I thought why not, eh!

This version is slightly bigger than the standard one, it's 150ml and came with two muslin cloths. It's such good value for what it does to your skin. And it lasts ages!

My skin feels so great at the moment, it feels so smooth and silky - which I think it due to the cocoa butter in the formula. I also adore the scent, it's so calming and lovely to use. Normally with heavily fragranced products they can irritate your skin, but this one doesn't irritate my fairly sensitive skin at all.

I also like that the muslin cloth gently exfoliates your skin, which I never do anymore... not through sheer laziness but because I was using harsh exfoliating cleansers a few years ago and it was ruining my skin a little bit, so I had to strip back to just using a cleanser, toner, moisturiser and weekly face mask. Anyway, it's nice that the muslin cloth gently removes dead skin cells without doing any damage to my skin.

I need to remind myself to buy muslin cloths more regularly because there honestly is nothing more enjoyable than using a brand new muslin cloth. And they are great for the skin! Win, win.

Hope everyone is having a great week. As always you can reach me on social media. I have Instagram: @zoeyoliviablog, and twitter: @zoeyoliviablog. I post daily on those platforms :).

No comments:

Post a Comment