Posted on: Thursday 5 January 2017

My holy grail perfume, Jo Malone's Wood Sage and Sea Salt!



I can't believe this is my first blog post of 2017. Happy new year everyone!  Hope everyone had a great New Years Eve and a super chilled New Years day. I know I did...

Anyway, over the Christmas period I decided to visit a Jo Malone counter and pick up the 'Wood Sage and Sea Salt' cologne. This retails at £43.00 for the 30ml and £86.00 for the 100ml.

It's something I have been eyeing and sniffing for the past year, but if I'm being honest the price tag has always put me off. Anyway, I felt like I deserved a little treat. I'd been working really hard and I thought you know what... I can't stop thinking about that fragrance, so I'm gonna get it (I know that's really sad). And now it's now forever by my side.

I believe this is a fairly recent Jo Malone fragrance, I think it launched late 2014. It was designed and created to evoke the feeling of freedom, pleasure and to escape into nature. Inspired by the "unique character and quality of British beaches".

I love the scent, it's so unusual and different to all my other perfumes. It's refreshing, a little salty and woody, and it really reminds me of the lakes in Canada, although I know it was inspired by the British ones. Anyway, I always feel great whenever I wear it, I feel like I'm ready to take on the day and venture out.
It's become my holy grail - favourite scent of the year, even though I know I haven't had it too long.

I also have to mention the stunning packaging. The lady at the counter wrapped it all so beautifully with a checkered gold and black bow. I'm not sure if they do these details this all year round, but I think they should. I also love the gorgeous cream box it comes in, very chic.

Any who, I think I may have started a little obsession with Jo Malone as I want to go back and buy more. I was eyeing up the Earl Grey and Cucumber one as well as the Velvet Rose and Oud fragrance. To be honest, they are all really beautiful, unique scents and they are worth every penny!

Hope everyone is having a great week, it's almost Friday, yay! If you're interested in seeing what I get up to daily you can follow me on Instagram: @zoeyoliviablog or Twitter: @zoeyoliviablog :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment