Posted on: Saturday 28 January 2017

Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Matte Revolution Lipstick Review & Lip Swatches


Charlotte Tilbury has just launched two new shades, 'Pillow Talk' from the matte revolution collection and 'Valentine' from her K.I.S.S.I.N.G collection. These are exclusive - I'm not sure if they are limited edition or just out for Valentine's day but either way I'm super thrilled that she has brought out the cult favourite 'Pillow Talk' in lipstick form. I adore the lip cheat lip liner in that shade!

Charlotte describes Pillow Talk as a "nude-y pink that mimics and enhances the natural hue of your lips, so you can cheat a perfect pillow-y pout in seconds."

From first glance and first swatch, it's leans more towards the nude side - slightly brown, which is interesting as I find the lip liner to be a bit more pinkier toned. Perhaps they decided to make it a little darker than the lip liner as it pairs well? Either way, I'm liking it!


On the lips it does look like more of a pinky-nude. But as mentioned above it does adapt to the hue of your lips, and mine are very pinky so this probably explains it.

I do love the colour, it's very natural and is the perfect every day shade. However, I think I'll always favour 'Bitch Perfect' over anything, but I do think I'll get a lot of wear out of this as it's super pretty and easy to wear.

The longevity is incredible. I applied this at 11am today, had lunch and a hot chocolate, done a few errands and it's still on my lips at 6:00pm! Yes it has faded and does need a top up, but how brilliant is that.

 (I've paired Pillow Talk Lip Cheat Lip Liner and Pillow Talk Lipstick above)

Overall, I'm really enjoying this shade and I'm super impressed with it. I think this is going to be a real hit in the blogging world. 5 stars from me!

And it goes without saying how much I adore the packaging. Art deco inspired, rose gold, hell yes.
I also just want to say how beautifully packaged it came (as I ordered online), I love the little details of the receipt in the envelope and the rose gold embossing of the logo on the envelope - super chic.
It was also lovely receiving a few samples inside too... can't wait to try out the goddess skin clay mask and Charlotte's magic cream!

Also, I do really want to try 'Valentine', but from first glance on the website I think it's too much of a light pink for me. I think that shade would suit blondes really well.
Although when I next pop by a Charlotte Tilbury counter, I'll have a little nosey and who knows I may like it in person as it's always tricky to tell online.


If you're interested in my other Charlotte Tilbury reviews... Here is one gigantic haul. Here is another lipstick review on 'Kiss Chase' and 'Between the Sheets'. Another on 'Stoned Rose'. And last but not least, my all time favourite, 'Bitch Perfect' lipstick review.

Right, time to get offline and watch Harry Potter whilst making pizza's with my hubby. Hope everyone is having a great Saturday! As always, you can follow me on Instagram: @zoeyoliviablog or tweet me: @zoeyoliviablog. I'm forever responding and interacting on those platforms :).

No comments:

Post a Comment