Posted on: Sunday 27 August 2017

6 MAC Lipsticks Every Pale Girl Needs


Being someone with super fair skin (often described as alabaster or cool bone), finding a good lipstick is never easy. MAC have tons of variations of reds, nudes, pinks and brights which can honestly be quite overwhelming to look at. Every time I walk into a MAC store, I'm like 'where to begin'... the struggle is real ladies!

After being an avid MAC lipstick wearer for years, I've narrowed down six MAC lipsticks that every pale girl needs in their collection.

Plumful, a gorgeous rose-plum tone. I think this shade is so flattering on fairer skin tones. It's a lustree finish, meaning it's quite sheer on the lips, however is build-able for a more intensified colour.
It's not quite autumn yet although this 'summery' weather we're experiencing in the UK certainly feels like it is (not that I'm complaining, I love autumn. Wooly knits, sitting by the fire, snuggled in blankets, yes please), anyway Plumful is the perfect every-day shade for the colder seasons.

(Plumful) 

Chili. A beautiful burnt orange, brown-red tone. Incredibly flattening for all skin-tones, especially us pale ladies. It's part of MAC's matte collection, however, doesn't feel 'matte' on the lips. It's the lipstick I tend to reach for during autumn if I'm feeling something a bit warmer.

Cosmo is my go to every day lippy. It's a beautiful soft pinky-nude-brown colour with blue undertones, which looks really flattening on us pale ladies. It's an amplified creme finish meaning it's super creamy and moisturising on the lips.

(Cosmo)

Ruby Woo. You may be able to spot Ruby Woo in the back, it's slightly damaged and I can't seem to rescue it's shape... I accidentally dropped it on the floor on a night out and to be honest I should probably go and buy a new one. Anyway, Ruby Woo is the perfect shade of red for us pale ladies. It's a very matte vivid blue-red which means it's designed for us cool toned girls. It makes your teeth and complexion appear whiter and brighter. A must have.

Brave. A beautiful pink-beige with white pearl, the your lips but better shade. I've been surprised how much wear I've got out of this one, it's super flattering on fair skin and is so easy to wear. It's one of my most worn lipsticks from MAC.
Every pale girl needs this in their collection!

(Brave)

Lady Danger. If you're feeling a bit of colour, I'd recommend Lady Danger for the cooler skin tones. It's the most lovely orange toned red. It's matte (but doesn't feel matte), really pigmented and long lasting. It's the one that will brighten your day and complexion.

(Top to bottom: Cosmo, Brave, Plumful, Chili, Lady Danger, Ruby Woo)

If you've been a reader for a while, you may have noticed I haven't included my all time favourite, Bare Again. Sadly it got discontinued and I haven't been able to find a replacement ever since, sob.

There are tons of other's I could have picked too. Depending on what colours you fancy, Rebel is another beautiful berry tone that's gorgeous on pale skin. Fanfare and Syrup are lovely everyday nudes. Brick O La is another great choice. For brighter pinks, Impassioned is stunning.

What's your favourite MAC lipstick?

Follow me on Instagram: @zoeyoliviablog to see what I get up to daily. You can also reach me on twitter: @zoeyoliviablog. Or, if you like Bloglovin', I'm kind of new to it but follow me on there.

No comments:

Post a Comment