Posted on: Thursday 15 September 2016

Guerlain Liquid Eyeliner Review


With my wedding coming up, I decided to treat myself to a high-end liquid eye liner as I've never actually owned one. Being an avid liquid eye liner gal this may come as a shock to you!

 After skimming through hundreds of reviews, I settled on the Guerlain Liquid Eye liner in black (retails at £28).

My first impression was, wow what sexy packaging! A glass bottle with a gold lid, super chic! But this comes as no surprise as it was £28, so I expected the best of the best. And for me, the packaging is beautiful. I wouldn't change a thing.

The tool and formula itself... well, it's not the best, but it's pretty good.
The brush is ultra fine and has been designed to be like a 'calligraphy tool' for precision. On first use, the brush was really tricky to use - I've been spoilt with sturdy brushes for years and years, and I've never tried a brush that was so flexible before, so yes it was hard to get the hang of... but I think I'm ok at it now. Practice makes perfect.
The formula is super black, blacker than black. And it has a shine-like finish to it which I quite like.

One thing that let me down a little was that it clumped up my eyelashes a teeny bit. However, if you use a cotton bud, you can fix this in an instant, but not so much if put your mascara on first.

Overall it's a good liquid eye liner, but I think there are better ones out there which I just haven't discovered yet.
 Would I re-purchase? Possibly, but I'm still debating whether it's actually worth £28. I think drugstore liquid eye liners do just as a good job for a fifth of the price!



As always feel free to follow me on Instagram: @zoeyoliviablog or tweet me: @zoeyoliviablog. I'm forever responding and interacting on those platforms :).

No comments:

Post a Comment