Posted on: Friday 2 September 2016

Lavender Love


Who'd thought, a lavender farm would be my ideal day to spend a Saturday. I'm getting old I tell you! 

A few weekends back, I spent my Saturday in Hitchin' with a few friends. We went to a lavender farm, which was a really lovely experience. We got to pick lavender, take lots of photos and ate in the cute cafe afterwards. They had lavender shortbread, lavender jam, lavender cupcakes and scones! Divine.


After our little lavender venture, we headed towards the town centre and ate at Los Reyes Tapas Bar. We sat outside as it was sunny for a change!  First bit of sun we've seen all summer!

The food was delicious! I had the pork belly dish - which I highly highly recommend. We also shared some potatoes, which were also fab.

If you do visit here, I would sugguest only ordering one or two dishes, as the portions are pretty big. I had one and a half and I was stuffed!


Since our little venture day out, my lavender is still sitting in the brown paper bag. I'm not quite sure what to do with it, but I know that it's making my house smell lovely.

Love, Zoey

Follow me on Instagram: @zoeyoliviablog, or tweet me: @zoeyoliviablog. I'm forever responding and interacting on those platforms :).

2 comments:

  1. I went there last week!!! It's so cute!!! So gutted there were no lavender shortbread when we went :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing! It was so lovely there.
      Ah, that's a shame about the lavender shortbread - you need to go back to try it!

      Delete