Posted on: Friday 30 September 2016

Where to eat in London #2: Dishoom and Workshop Coffee




I'm back with another 'Where to eat in London' post, this time round we have an Indian restaurant review and a coffee shop review. So, if you're wanting to try the best indian food in London and what to hear my thoughts... keep on reading.















Dishoom. Dishoom has been seriously hyped up as the 'Best Indian Resturant' in London and I agree, it's up there with the best.

Me and my other half were pottering around London on a Friday evening, and I suggested Dishoom as I've always wanted to go but there's always a ridiculously long queue. So off we went, and to our surprise, no queue but a 'thirty minute wait' told by the door-man.  We went inside to book and the lady said the magic words (for a hangry person) 'we have a table spare for you...'.
We sat upstairs over-looking the floors, it was impressive. And, I didn't actually realise how big it was - three or four floors! Insanely big and packed.

We were greeted by a lovely blonde haired lady and she explained all the dishes to us. We decided to share a garlic naan, rice, spicy lamb chops, chicken tikka and the house special curry. All arrived pretty quickly. And boy oh boy, was this tasty! The chicken tikka melted in my mouth, it was so tender and delicious, and the lamb chops had so much flavour and was also super tender.

I loved our time here, the food was amazing, the staff were super friendly and helpful and the interiors were beautiful. Also, I know this is really random... but the loo's are really cool too!

So, if you're in the central London area, pop down to Dishoom for the best indian food and experience! I will say though, do book ahead of time if you want to avoid the queues! Or go early! We did get pretty lucky with our table...










Workshop Coffee. Whilst we were in the Farringdon area, we popped to Workshop Coffee for a little coffee break. As we entered, we were delighted with the pretty interiors and friendly baristas. This place is super cool and I'd actually like to go back for brunch at some point.

Any who, I highly recommend the mint tea, it's so refreshing and a great pick me up when you're not feeling too sharp. Joe had one of the espresso's and he said how creamy and delicious it was.

So yes a worth-while stop by if you're in a hurry. Or a pleasant atmosphere if you want to take it easy, sip some coffee and work on your laptop.

You may also be interested in my other 'Where to eat in London' review. And, feel free to follow me on Instagram: @zoeyoliviablog or tweet me: @zoeyoliviablog. I'm forever responding and interacting on those platforms :).

No comments:

Post a Comment