Posted on: Tuesday 7 October 2014

Fourth Anniversary | Mad Hatter's Tea Party at The Sanderson Hotel






















Last week me and my boyfriend, Joe, celebrated four years of being together.

When I got home from work on the Monday evening he surprised me with Lily's! I always moan at him because I never get flowers, so this was lovely surprise. 

Anyway, the following morning, our actual anniversary date, the 30th September, I had planned a day in London for us. But first, I unwrapped my present, and it was this gorgeous Tatty Devine Clock brooch! I was actually going to buy this the weekend before when we went to the Southbank Centre, but Joe put me off buying it, cheeky devil.

Anyway, back to what I had planned... I had booked a table at the Mad Hatters Afternoon Tea, which is inside the Sanderson hotel. A quirky venue hidden behind Oxford Street. 

When we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised. The menu is inside of a vintage book, sugar cubes were stored inside a retro musical jewellery box and there were a variety of unique tea's to chose from. We chose rhubarb & custard to begin with, and then we got a second pot filled with Apple Pie flavouring. Delicious!
After our tea arrived, the waiter brought over a three tier cake stand which was full of interesting sweet and savoury treats. My favourite was the 'Drink me' bottle which had three layers of joyful flavours followed by the white chocolate cheesecake. We didn't finish everything, but we got to take away a goody bag!

We then decided to wonder around Goodge Street and Marylebone! I've lived in London all my life and these places have never even crossed my mind, but I'm so glad we randomly decided to wonder around these areas... The street's were full of quirky interesting restaurants that have been tucked away behind the masses of shoppers. I'm definitely going to come back here at some point!

Shortly after, we walked back onto Oxford Street, and popped into Selfridges to have a browse. And, I walked away with a few cheeky items from the Primark concession. I didn't actually know they had one in Selfridges, but they had some gorgeous items. I wonder if they only stock particular products?
Anyway, I walked away with a lovely bag and a cosy knitted cardigan, which is perfect for autumn and winter. There will be a blog post on those items this week - so keep your eyes peeled for that!

It was getting a little late, so we headed towards Holborn, where our theatre was located.
We actually decided to get tickets for Charlie And The Chocolate Factory last minute and I'm so glad we did. It was amazing! The production was incredible, the oompa loompa's were brilliant and the cast were outstanding. Oh, and we were fortunate enough to get bumped up to better seats - this made our anniversary even more special!
After the show, we were feeling a little peckish so we went to Byron Hamburgers, we shared the 'Smokey' - words cannot describe how good it was! Mhmmm. Burger heaven!

And that was our anniversary day! I did vlog the whole day too, which I've added below.

No comments:

Post a Comment